Certificate of Deposit
Certificate of Deposit (CDs) is an excellent tool for managing your money when you are able to set aside funds for a period of time.With a CD, you maximize your interest rate and security. Zemen offers CDs for many terms, some with a minimum investment of just ETB 500,000.
What are the benefits of CD's?
- CDs typically pay higher interest rates than many other savings products
- Upfront interest payment is allowed
- Continuous compounding means interest earned today earns interest tomorrow
- Interest can be credited to the CD or to a Zemen checking or savings account
- A Zemen CD can be used as collateral for a Zemen loan with a discounted rate
Current interest rates and annual percentage yields are available at Zemen Bank. The interest rate will remain the same until the maturity date of the CD. The annual percentage yield assumes interest remains on deposit until maturity. A withdrawal of interest will reduce earnings. Interest begins to accrue on the business day of deposit. Interest will be calculated using the daily balance method. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in the account each day.